Monday 29 July 2013

No BB10 for PlayBook

BB10 Not Coming To PlayBook

By aj:
         Sad news for all BlackBerry Users,BlackBerry CEO Broke his promise of delivering BB10 upgrade for existing PlayBook users. 
He said:
"That was a very tough decision to make. I could have done it, but you would have loads of comments on your site - 'How can Thorsten allow such a crappy product to be launched?' ... It was one of the toughest decisions I had to make because I knew I would break a commitment, but I also made a commitment to quality before that. ... I can't take the hardware back and provide them with 2 GB hardware. I can't exchange the part - there's no way to do this... I stand by the decision, as tough as it is. I apologize to the users that I couldn't get it done. What I did I did because I want them to have a quality experience with BlackBerry 10."

CEO Thorsten Heins said that the company was not satisfied with the performance of the new software on the PlayBook tablet and would focus on its core products instead.

He did mention that the company would continue to support the PlayBook with its existing software.No official BB10 would be released for PlayBook in future.
This means that PlayBook user's won't get skype, BBM, many other famous apps.
PlayBook users can still do something with their old pal PlayBook, use it as a Multimedia Player because its sound, picture and graphics quality is great, but don't expect great things from this in future.

No comments: